PSV-100 Strain Viewer – Portable Polariscope for Viewing Stress Patterns in Small Samples
The PSV-100 Strain Viewer’s comprehensive instruction manual teaches you how to interpret the colorful fringe pattern that is typically viewed through a polariscope and used to measure stress.
The PSV-100 Portable Strain Viewer is a rugged, low-cost, battery-operated polariscope. The viewing area is 75 x 75mm (3 x 3 inches). The product design offers an adjustable work space, up to 180 mm (7 inches).
Optional accessories such as Strainoptics’ Measuring Wedges permit quantitative evaluation. Other accessories include Tint Plates and Battery Rechargers.
The PSV-100 Portable Strain Viewer is commonly used for the following applications:
- Evaluation of temper uniformity in glass
- Verification of annealing
- Observation of strains in molded products
- Detection of weld and flow patterns
- Examination of flow patterns and gate efficiency
- Identification of irregularities due to mold deficiencies or temperature gradients