New to Photoelasticity?
Click below for a free PowerPoint presentation called The Fundamentals of Photoelasticity. Within its slides, you’ll cover:
- Photoelastic Constant or Photoelastic Coefficient
- Index of Refraction
- Stress Measurement Techniques
Strainoptics Offers Photoelasticity Training Sessions!
Strainoptics is an internationally recognized authority on photoelasticity, specifically on residual stress measurement using non-destructive photoelastic test methods. Our training programs teach both theoretical and practical aspects of photoelastic methods and instrumentation. Programs can be conducted at our facility or yours.
We also conduct periodic workshops and seminars under the auspices of ASTM, GANA, and other industry organizations.
We take the time to know your company, exchange ideas and explore solutions to your stress-related problems – please ask for details.
Engineering Services provided by Strainoptics
Strainoptics has a state-of-the-art laboratory with all of our various instrument in operation. If you only need to take a few measurements, let us do it for you!
We are also willing to travel. Let us know if you need us to come to you, where we can perform engineering, maintenance, training, or testing services on site.
Laboratory Testing Services:
- State-of-the-art lab outfitted with all Strainoptics’ instruments
- We will examine any transparent or translucent materials of nearly any size
- Tests performed using approved ASTM test methods
- Certified and traceable calibration services
- Instrument service and spare parts
Preventive Maintenance Programs:
- Protect your investment
- Ensure product quality
- Avoid unscheduled downtime
- Enjoy priority service
- Free up personnel